babies

Friday, May 8, 2009

Show us your Living Room

Ok, so a blog I'm addicted to now is Kelly's Korner. Every Friday, she is asking people to give a tour of a certain room in their home. Today's was your living room or family room. People are also free to give suggestions if they are asked for. I didn't do the kitchen last week, but if you find the time, go and look at the 300+ kitchens that got posted. I got some really good ideas for ours. Casey and I aren't really in love with our living room and would like it to be bigger. Also, need suggestions for my mantle in the Spring/Summer. I do pretty well in the Fall and Winter. I would like our space to look more inviting. So enjoy and go get some other ideas from other's rooms.



Here is our mantle. Any suggestions on how to spruce it up?

Also need suggestions on what to use to cover this long wall. I'm not really crazy about that picture over the couch, but it works until I find something else.

View looking towards the front door. I love our curio cabinet. It has special things from our wedding in it.

This area has me in a quandry, as well. Not sure what to do here. We have debated hanging the tv on the wall, but haven't gotten around to it, yet.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Thanks for the great tour!

Anonymous said...

I'm so addicted to her blog also. I'm still in the process of trying to figure out how to decorate our living room, not an easy job. Good luck!!

Heather said...

Your living room is so cute!! The curtains are so pretty!

Unknown said...

Great room! thanks for sharing :-)

Brittany said...

Those curtains are FAB. Thanks for letting us tour :)

Tee said...

Try putting that gorgeous landscape over the mantle. The thing about putting a mirror over the fireplace is that, most of the time, it doesn't reflect anything you particularly want to emphasize. Then round up all the other things on the walls and do a gallery wall above the sofa, with the mirror as the centerpiece. If the sofa wall is opposite the windows, you'd be gaining a little more light from the reflection. The curio cabinet is fabulous, but seems like it's getting lost competing with the windows - is there anywhere to place it so you can see all of it? How about replacing the blue throw pillows with some of the green in the landscape?

Thanks for sharing your lovely home!

Colton's First Year

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin