babies

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thankful for our friends

As Colton was sleeping this afternoon, I started to think what were some of the most important things I wanted to be able to teach him for when he got older. One would be to know God and to love him, to have good manners, to be nice to animals and senior citizens, and that every thing happens for a reason. Also, I want him to learn to not take people for granted, especially your friends. I want him to learn to keep old friends, but also make new ones and to let them know how much they mean to you. Just last week, my brother's best friend that he grew up with, passed away suddenly. As he was growing up, he was always at our house or Chris was at his. Once they got to high school, they made new friends (such is the way of life) and kind of lost touch after that. This passing really affected my brother and he is sad because he can't get back in touch with him now.
I just wanted to let all of our old friends and our new friends how much you all mean to us. Even though we all live in different places now, let's try to keep in touch. I created a slide show that has pictures of our friends included. Sit back and enjoy, laugh a little or cry remembering the good times we have all shared. Each one you is an important part of our lives and we wouldn't be the people we are today without knowing you. You've all been there when we needed you in good times and bad. Although we don't talk for days, weeks, or months, just know you guys are special to us and we miss you terribly. I know life is busy and we all have families and duties, but don't forget to tell your old friends and your new friends how much you love them while you can.

No comments:

Colton's First Year

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin